Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Apr 97 15:15:46 EDT
From:         Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Subject:      Sighting!

You guys will never believe this one :-)

Flipping thru the new Newsweek, on page 15 there is an Iomega ad, which you've probably already seen:

Top half shows wide-eyed kid in driver's seat with caption "You've got insurance if Johnny crashes the company car."

Then the lower part shows same kid with caption "But what if he crashes the company computer?" and then says why you should buy a ZipDrive or something.

Anyway, I was looking closely at the car Johnny is driving and I notice the interior looks really familiar. Then I notice it's a Vanagon! First I noticed the steering wheel, then I looked at the door shape, which is definitely Vanagon, as tipped off by the black trim at the rear of the door and the loose rubber molding strip at the top of the vent wing pillar. You can also see the standard VW coathook mounted on teh door pillar, and the headliner is Vanagon, you can see the screws at the rear and the "track" it slides into.

I thought it was kinda neat!

Sean

-- ***************************************************************** Sean Bartnik "Life is tough, sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu but it's tougher if you're stupid." '81 Vanagon Westy --John Wayne

Fahrvergnugen really means "push harder."

http://www.mwc.edu/~sbart7kb/myvan.htm http://www.mwc.edu/~sbart7kb/vwlinks.htm '78 Owner's Manual: http://www.conservatory.com/vw/manual *****************************************************************