Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Apr 97 09:26:00 PDT
From:         Gregory M Daughtry <Gregory_M_Daughtry@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Subject:      Re[2]: Dometic Refrig finally working on gas

Gail,

By "contiguously" I mean in one large continuous chunk o' driving. I run propane 24-7 and the tank lasts the same amount as if you were parked and running propane all the time. I usually go about two weeks or less running constantly and cooking etc. Although I always have problems filling the tank because joe_redneck_at_the_nevada_gas_station has never seen a westy propane tank before. I can never be sure if it's full or not, or really if any was ever added.

That's a wonderful question for the list: What is the longest continuous use anyone has gotten out of their propane tank? This would include running the fridge 24 hours a day as well as cooking two meals or so a day.

I run it on propane for two reasons: 1) It cools WAY better on gas than DC. 2) I don't have to remember to shut off dc and light the thing when I stop to sleep at night least wise I wake up to a dead battery.

If you haven't used your fridge, yet, you should try and fire it up. I hope you don't have any problems, but if you do, search the archives. There is a plethora of info on the dometic fridge in there.

Hope that helps.....

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: Re: Dometic Refrig finally working on gas Author: redwood@speedlink.com at SMTPGATE Date: 4/28/97 1:04 AM

About how long does a tank of propane last when you run it while driving "contiguously" [not sure what you mean by this]?

Also, am wondering why you wouldn't let it run on DC while driving? I haven't used my refrig. yet--1st camping trip is about 3 wks off--and I confess that I haven't checked the manual for an answer to this. It's out in my Westi, and I'll check it when i go out there in the am.

TIA,

Gail __________________________ Gail Fitzpatrick '87 GL Westi, 117k [Twiga] Sacramento, CA <redwood@speedlink.com>