Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 May 1997 11:12:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Christopher M. Smith" <csmith@sdsc.edu>
Subject:      New Vanagon List Update, II

I had a nice chat with Ron this morning. Apparently, his net connection has been down for the past few days and may continue for another day or so.

He's informed me that he's received *one* check so far. He's compiling a list of contributors that will go on a web page. This page will serve as a "receipt" of sorts that we received your check. He'll let us know what the URL is as soon as he gets back in the saddle.

LISTSERV, the software that runs the list is going to cost us a bit more than we had anticipated. They've got a net unfriendly (STEEP) pricing scheme. We've modified our original cost estimate (for hardware and software) from $1500 to $2000 (give or take $300). Based on the pledges we've received via this list, the price should not be a problem. We currently have around 700 subscribers to the list, but not everyone is active. If we get at least $3 from each person we should have minimum funds. If you want to write a check for an even denomination ($5, $10), that would be much appreciated as well. All monies will go into the machine and software.

We are also soliciting help from other groups that may want to set-up a listserv as well with the intention of sharing costs.

So send in those checks in. Write the checks to Ron Lussier and send them to:

Vanagon c/o Ron Lussier 10164 Parkwood Dr., #8 Cupertino, CA 95014-1533 USA

We've got a hot T1 internet connection just waiting for our vanagon list.

Chris SDSC csmith@sdsc.edu