Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 May 1997 22:12:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:         LANGESFELD@aol.com
Subject:      91 Vanagon Gl with power window switch problem

Thanks to those that provided me with the instructions on how to take the motor out of the door (and to Bentley). I did, unfroze it with a few turns and put it back in. Now I have the following situation. The motor runs fine and at normal speed, but when conected to the switch, it only operates one way (down). In order to bring it up, I must reverse the contacts by unpluging an pluging the conection backwards, pressing the switch and that will raise the window. Obviously that is not convinient but makes me believe that the problem is not the motor but the switch. Any one with experience with this switches ? Are they repairable or do they need to be replaced ? The fact is, both 1 left and the right switch were replaced recently with used ones from a junkyard, before the motor was running, and I did not know if they were working when I got them. The original ones are the ones that caused the problem in the first place but I could never fix them.

Thank you for any help ! Andy

In order of arrival to this world:

64 Wife 87 Syncro 91 Vanagon 94 Girl 96 Boy