Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 May 1997 14:39:15 -0400
From:         "W. Silva" <wsilva@capecod.net>
Subject:      Re: Re: My 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st Westy

Kenneth or Karen Congratulations. I know exactly how you feel :-) I'm still like the mother looking at her first born every time I glance out to the driveway and see mine-calling to me, "come on, let's go"!

Don't try to glue the roof seals. If they are sagging tape them up temporarily with some packing tape until you get new ones. They have a metal clip built inside of them, much like a bobby pin arrangement. The original ones were made of steel and eventually rusted away which is why they are sagging. If you get a new set from Bus Boys or The Bus Depot the will be made with either stainless steel or aluminum clips so they won't rust out. Seals for the top were under $100.00 when I bought them last year. Cant' help you with the A/C but I'm sure another member will!

Wendy '85 Westy, "S-CAPE"