Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 May 97 22:40:19 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: Wipers

On Fri, 23 May 1997 11:24:54 -0500 you said: >1st position down - front wipers slow

uhhhh ... this should be "intermittent" on the front. it should wipe, then wait about 10 seconds or so, then wipe again.

>1st position up - front wipers slow

ok.

>2nd position up - front wipers fast

ok.

>Pull back - washer - front

ok.

>push forward - washer rear

hmmm. the rear wiper should also start wiping and keep wiping for about 10-15 seconds. then, if you do NOT push the stalk forward again, it'll do it again in 10-15 seconds ... it's on intermittent until you push forward again.

>I can't seem to get the rear wiper to work, or any intermittent features. >Though at the down position, I do hear an occasional relay click. >Do I just have a dead relay somewhere?

that's what it sounds like to me. all the functions that seem to be controlled by the relay (at least, the timer portion of the relay) are acting dead. see if you can find someone living close by that will swap relays and see if the problem moves with it. if so, get a new relay.

joel