Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 May 1997 01:19:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:         SyncroHead@aol.com
Subject:      Syncro Convention Proposed (was: Syncro - a love story)

Syncronauts, Jay's story below has prompted me to propose something I've thought about for quite a while. A "Syncro Convention" - sort of. I'd like to tool around the trails in my Syncro as Jay has done and I'd really like to do it with 3 or 4 (or 50) other Syncros.

Each Easter four wheelers decend on Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari put on by the Red Rock 4-Wheelers. While "Jeep" is in the title, the event is open to all 4WD vehicles. They organize a bunch of trail runs rated from 2.5 (fairly mild, 4WD required) to 4+ (BIG tires, LOW gears, locking differentials and winches!). I think this would be an ideal time for Syncronauts from all over to gather at Moab and do some wheelin'. I know there will be a TON of other 4-wheelers there at this event, and that would be sort of part of the point. I really enjoy seeing the jaws of Jeep drivers drop when I meet theem on the trail. Having a whole group of us will multiply the effect and be especially fun!

I volunteer to coordinate this effort and handle the registration (yes, it's quite organized) for the group. This registration will need to be done in February.

So, who's interested????

Regards, Jim Davis 87 GL Syncro 88 GL Wolfsburg