Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 May 1997 09:04:51 -0400
From:         "The Bus Depot" <list@busdepot.com>
Subject:      "Charge"-By-Phone (or Email) at Bus Depot!

> Lately I've purchased several things from Ron Salmon at Bus Depot. > So far so good, but since Ron doesn't take credit cards, it takes a > little longer since he needs your check in-hand before he sends the > parts out. Probably worth the wait since his parts are a little less > expensive and he will answer questions.

After plenty of searching, I've solved the "no-credit-cards" dilemma. As you may recall, I'd been reluctant to start taking credit cards because of the roughly 5% cost of taking them. Since my goal has always been rock-bottom pricing, I went looking for a way to offer "charge-by-phone" convenience while maintaining my minimal-markup policy.

My solution - Bank Drafts By Phone (or E-mail). Basically, this is similar to using your ATM card to make a purchase. You may have done that before at a supermarket or gas station. It works just like paying with your credit card over the phone, except that the amount will be debited directly from your Checking Account instead of from your credit card. What's more, you do not need to actually have an ATM card or credit card to use this service, just a checking account.

I have negotiated a really good rate for this service, so it won't raise my prices. Now I can keep my deep-discount pricing (and the Listmember discounts!), plus offer you the convenience of ordering by phone.

By the way, I'm told that this option can be used by Canadian list members as well. The amount will simply be paid in US dollars based on the current exchange rate .

Of course, I will continue to accept checks or money orders by mail, or ship C.O.D.. This just presents you with one more convenient option. Anyone interested in ordering this way, just call or e-mail me.

Thanks, Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com (610) 754-VWVW