Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         27 May 97 08:26:06 PDT
From:         CARVER_JEFFREY@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Jeff Carver)
Subject:      Cas Wash Remarks

Did this a few days ago.

A few pertinent factoids, as each car wash is different. '80 Westi. Vehicle is stationary and the equipment moves front/back to wash. I folded the mirrors as close to the door as they would go, recessed antenna. No top vent. 7 foot clearance car wash. Cost $2.50. Attendant did a prewash with big brush and soapy water. No left mudflap on vehicle (fell off recently). Ususally spend that much DIY with the spray/brush equipment.

Plusses -

- Cleaned the oil/dirt goo from the rear casued by oil leakage on the the exhaust components, now fixed.

- Did a good job of removing bugs from front.

Minuses -

- Previous experience is that it removed one of the bumper end plastic pieces. All are gone now anyway, so no problem there.

- Leakage at top of front windows. Could be my old bus is just leaky.

- Didn't do the upper front doors with the flappedy washing things, as they are designed for vehicles with hoods.

- fun stuff

First stop after leaving car wash (to dry it) caused HUGE waterfall over front windshield from water in luggage tray, fun!

Now I can attach my list sticker! Finally clean enough. If I get REAL ambitious I'll wax it too!

- - - - - snip - - - - - - - Anyone take their westy through a car wash? Problems? Plusses (like the roof gets washed!!!).

- Jeff '80 Westi