Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 May 1997 08:56:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Derato@aol.com
Subject:      reciever drier?popttopsealclips?

a couple of questions to u experienced vanagoners... has the possability of replacing just the metal clips in the westy pop top ever been concidered? it would seem to me...the best replacement pop top seal would be the original rubber....plus new non-rusting aluminum clips.!? ive casually persued finding a suitable clip but as yet, havnt found the ticket. if anyone is aware of a idea that falls into this logic id love to hear ur thoughts. on another subject...reciever drier for ac...87 westy...seems vw has a patent on the part. so of course their the only source of the part, that i know of....?anyone know differently? by the way dealer price on the reciever drier varies from 113$ to 170$ makes me sick...;( ive got a reciever drier for my 81' westy...(26$ from vw dealer)which im sort of tempted to try and fit on...but i realize this isnt the best idea. anyone know why vw incorporated a pressurer relief button on the reciever drier? i understand its supposed to vent system in event of overheating.....but why such a system ? i dont have it on 81 ', or any other vehicle i know of. i guess the venting design was engineered when freon was both an unkown threat...and cheap! but now a days...its insane.;( so if anyone knows an alternative to a hundred dollar reciever drier...let me know. oh ya one more thing...since the ac system hasnt been working since it overheated many years ago with the previiious owner,,,is it a sure thing that all my seals are dried and in need of replacement? which if is the case....seems like to much trouble to be worth it.....? tho i cringe at the thought of no ac this summer....:( peace, derato