Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 May 1997 09:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:         BLAINE_BACHMAN%PL-01M3@ccmail.plk.af.mil
Subject:      FS - Rear mud flaps

All-

I thought it only fair to let everybody know:

I'm selling a pair of Vanagon rear mud flaps. Because of the way they mount, they won't fit any of the models with the large wrap-around bumper (I've got a '91 Westfalia GL). They do require drilling two holes in the side of the vehicle (just like the way the left front flap that protects the Westfalia propane tank mounts), and they also attach inboard to the frame rail and at the bottom edge of the body (where it's rolled under).

They're new, never been installed. The lucky future owner will have to come up with his or her own fasteners, as well as the "gromets" that go in the holes drilled in the body. It's easy to figure out where they mount - my '91 already has the holes pre-located in the frame rail - just line it up and drill the body holes.

In case you're unaware, the flaps are entirely black with the raised VW logo.

I don't have a set price in mind - I understand that the dealer price is outrageous - I paid less than list for the three (remember, I installed the right front), but it was still a chunk o' change.

Would a fair way be to have an e-mail auction? Please respond off-list to <<blaineoftrains@earthling.net>>

BTW, for all who asked, I rechecked the store where I got the set - it was the only one they had.

-Blaine