Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         29 May 1997 09:17:56 -0600
From:         "Carl Hansen" <Carl_Hansen@ATK.COM>
Subject:      re. Syncro Mileage

BatSubject: re. Syncro Mileage 5/29/97 9:59 AM I checked my records from the trip to the badlands and Blackhills last July 4rth. We live in the metro Mpls. MN area so travel out to the Black Hills is via Interstate 90. Bottom line was a low of 15 MPG, a high of 18 MPG with an average of 17 MPG. The summer after the trip averaged 16 MPG and it looks like 16 MPG so far this summer. Winter around here I get 14.5 to 15 MPG but it's slower driving.

That's about what I get when I go the Iron Range to visit my parents. Travel then is closer to the 70 MPH, and I usually get about 15.5 to 16 in the winter, and 16.5 to 17 in the summer during those trips. (220 miles)

I generally figure I can go 350 miles in the GTI, 250 miles in the van, and 150 miles on my Yamaha before I should start to look for a gas station.

A word about the conditions:

Hills Trip: On interstate 90, we actually got the low mileage figures. Of course, we were cookin along at 75 to 80 most of the time, and the head winds can be fierce on 90. Mileage in the Black Hills was where we experienced the high of 18 MPG. Strange, but I have seen the same with other vehicles in previous trips to the same area. ('78 Scirocco, '87 GTI)

Summer 1996 and 1997: Travel is primarily to and from work, 20 miles, 80% highway, 20% stop and go traffic and stop lights.

Ch '89 Syncro (Front end being rebuilt - oof da)

-----Original Message----- >From: vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu On Behalf Of Duncan Miller Sent: Monday, May 26, 1997 5:05 AM To: Multiple recipients of list Subject: MPH and MPG

What kind of milage dose, say a 1989 Syncro get? How are they on the highway at 70 mph?