Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 May 1997 20:47:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Malcolm Williamson <malcolm@cast.uark.edu>
Subject:      need advice re: '87 Westy purchase

Well, here I am looking for some good will on the Vanagon list again! After having been discouraged from buying an air-cooled Vanagon Westy (I want air conditioning that is safe to run in Arkansas/Texas heat!), I just located an '87 Westfalia. 76,000 miles, clean interior, couple of minor dings on the body, but looks nice. Someone added a removable captain's chair behind the front two seats - interesting touch! The price looks good to me - $6300 - but it's an _automatic_. Would anyone care to offer any opinions on such a vehicle? Is the transmission reliable? Is it safe to cruise at 70 for extended periods? How does the price sound? We're talking stove, fridge, power windows, all the bells and whistles.

Any input is really appreciated. It's on a car lot, and they expect to move it quickly (of course! ;^) ) Oh yeah, the price is a "slightly haggled" cash price.

Much obliged, -Malcolm Williamson Westy owner wannabe