Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 31 May 1997 21:50:54 -0400
From:         tkeck@mail.ameritel.net (Tim Keck)
Subject:      Re: 88 Weekender FS

>In a message dated 97-05-31 05:49:12 EDT, tmarcini@execpc.com (Tim Marciniak) >writes: > ><< Believe me there is a > market for vanagon (and EV) weekenders. >> > > I have to agree with this, to many a full on Westy is too much to use as a >daily driver while the weekender is a good comprise...

I'm a little new at this, so forgive my ignorance. Weekender is the fold down rear seat, right? When we replaced our faithful '73 w/ homemade camper conversion back in '92, my wife refused to buy a used synco, which I really wanted, because the back seat didn't fold down. Instead, we bought a '91 2WD, which had the fold down seat. SHE WAS RIGHT. Wouldn't do without it. On long trips, we can drive until we get tired, pull over and sleep until the sun, (or a passing freight train) wakes us, and continue on our way, refreshed. But I can still haul 4x8 sheets of plywod, etc., or 12' lumber. A great compromise. It's one of the many things about the vanagon that amazes minvan owners. my 0.02, tk