Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 04 May 1997 12:16:35 -0600
From:         Jay Fitzgerald <jayfitz@micron.net>
Subject:      Re: the lure of the Syncro

Hi David, check this out, http://pwp.usa.pipeline.com/~tforhan/swhome.htm

and the ol' blue book at, http://www.kbb.com/buynew.html

My decision to buy syncro was justified on my 1st trip down to S.Utah for some early spring biking/hiking. Welll, it snowed sideways almost half the time but the syncro handled it beautifully. NO price for peace of mind. Luck, Jay

David E Most wrote: > > I've got a lead on an '87 syncro w/113K westy (base camper - fridge, > poptop). (I haven't seen this yet.....was this configuration produced?) > > First, how much does the syncro add to the selling price of these typically? > (I knnow that this is kind of a ridiculous question, but I just haven't > seen any syncro westies that weren't full campers) > > Second, how do you test whether or not the syncro works properly? > > I've readd enough to know the rest of the deal, but I've generally > ignored the syncro posts except those that mention how much tranny > problems cost. Actually, for those who know, is there a typical tranny > repair that syncro owners encounter at some point analagous to the head > gasket problem? > > If it's in good shape (and I've been told that there's a complete set of > repair records), then it may sell fast. So, any replies that y'all can > make today would be appreciated. > > Thanks for the help. > > david