Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 05 May 1997 13:35:08 +0900
From:         Scott Atkinson <Scott.Atkinson@per.dwr.csiro.au>
Subject:      Re: slow throttle response

Hi Ronald and list members

I am still having the same slow throttle response as before, but having driven the vehicle for several hours on the weekend, I have noted that the problem occurs ONLY after about 1 min idling. A stop at the traffic lights will do it. But if I put it in neutral (I have an auto) and keep the revs at about 1200, then back to idle and Drive, then take off, everything works fine.

Does this indicate a temp sensor overheating at idle?

Any ideas from the guru's

Scott 90 vanagon GL Auto 68 Landrover LWB 74 Landrover Safari Wagon and other money burners

At 22:47 4/05/97 -0400, you wrote: >Hi Scott.. Saw your March 24 Vanagon list post while scouring archives >looking for possible fix ideas of same problem you stated... Starts fine; but >Slow response after warmup.. My 89 GL auto acts like it's only running on 2 >cyls until upwards of 3000 rpm, and then, all's well. > >Last summer I replaced ECU, I just recently replaced heat sens., O2 sens., >plugs, rotor, dist cap... so now I'm thinking it's in my intake air sensor or >throttle valve.. > >Could you please tell me what if anything fixed your problem? > >Thanks for any help you can offer... > > > >Ron Katz, Germantown, Tenn.. >owner of White Cloud (89 Westy), and caretaker, of Mikey, the Genuine, >Original Ozark Moutain Wonder Dog >