Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 May 1997 09:46:19 -0500
From:         "Randy Newell" <rnewell@epower.net>
Subject:      Re: other 87 questions

Anyone know what makes the steering wheel scrape? I have the same problem with my 86. Drives me crazy unless the radio is on! The speedometer make a clicking noise too, but, have just been enjoying the last 4 weeks without any mechanical problems that keep me from going down the road. (and drain the piggy bank!) First time this has happened sense I picked it up in February. She's running good though, thanks to you people out there in Vanagon-land, and NO thanks to all the so called mechanics that put their hands on her. I'm still dealing with some of the things that weren't completed right, she leaks gas when the tank is full (although very little) sense they (VW) performed the gas tank recall. I have to make them fix it yet, but am really in no hurry to deal with those idiots again. Seems like they break 2 things to fix one. The only work that was done without any problems was done by myself, Bentley (which came in late to the picture), all of you people. (Tonya especially, for your help with the O2 sensor, and the clutch. And Ron for your reasonable prices on the many parts that she needed to be road worthy again).

Thanks Randy Newell rnewell@epower.net 86 GL 140K (and rolling right along)