Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 May 1997 12:54:36 -0400
From:         "Richard Alexander Palmer" <rapalmer@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject:      NC/RTP THURSDAY list member gathering

Just thought I'd remind everybody in the area to join us tomorrow (Thursday, May 8) for our VW dinner gathering and special 5/8/77 20th anniversary party (sorry, obscure Dead reference) See our new pop-top conversions, and compare the split/late model top differences... This is the info from Stefan:

Hi Everybody in the RTP area in NC, Richard Palmer and I decided that another get together of all the list members in this area is more then overdue. Spring is comming up, you can work outside on your bus again, so getting some new ideas for add-on's or modifications to our busses by checking out the ones from fellow list members seems to be the right thing to do..... Weaver Street Market (community owned coop) in Carrboro has every Thursday (at 6pm) a wine and beer tasting event with live music in front of the store on their lawn. Richard and I will be there this Thursday, May 8th. So whoever is within driving distance is more then welcome to join us to have some microbrew and organically grown food. The meeting place will be the big parking lot next door in front of Harris Teeter. We will be there around 5:30pm with our busses.

How do you get there? Take exit 273B from I40 onto Hwy 54 West Stay on 54 until you go underneath a bridge Right behind the bridge take the exit onto 15/501 bypass South 15/501 turns into 54bypass Take the South Greensborough St exit towards Carrboro Cross Main Street in Carrboro Harris Teeter and Weaver Street Market are at the shopping center at the corner of Greensborough St and Weaver Street. Get on the parking lot of Harris Teeter by turning right after the Greensborough and Weaver Street corner.

See you there this Thursday

-- ____________________________ Poor Richard is rapalmer@unity.ncsu.edu `/""""/""""/|""|'|""||""| '\ http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/r/rapalmer/www/ /____/____/ |__| |__||__| | '68 VW Crew Cab | \ /V\ /====================| '67 VW Camper-Nellie, the Wild Goose |()\ \W/ /()| _ _ |"I spend half my life explaining to Christians | \ / | / \ / \ | _-( ) why I'm a Deadhead, and the other =C========C==_| ) |--------| ) |=] _-{_}_) half explaining to Deadheads why \_\_/__.. \_\_/_ \_\_/ \_\_/__.__. I'm a Christian."