Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 May 1997 14:43:22 -0700
From:         mholser@Adobe.COM (Malcolm Holser)
Subject:      Re: I love VW!

When the ad came on, both me and my wife (who are both TV ad lovers) sat up. We noticed this ad, and it ended without any product info.

Cool.

"What was that?" asked my wife. "And ad -- I *think*" says I. She had spotted the VW logo on the car. "VW?" she asks? "Maybe".

There was another ad or two, and then the second half of the VW ad, which sadly ended with more than "Drivers Wanted VW" in silent text at the end, as I would have wished. They spoke it, and a bit more. Too bad.

Otherwise, I think this was a truely award-winning ad. Right up there with the Honda Scooter/New York/Saxephone ad a few years ago. Right up there with some of the California milk ads. Too bad is was not a bus.

I was only slightly disappointed in the Ellen episode (I think the first one I've seen in at least a year).

But the VW ad was way cool. It is nice to hear that was the spot that Chrysler pulled out of. I hope VW wins an award for the ad.

malcolm