Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 May 1997 07:47:22 -0400
From:         kelphoto@mail.bright.net (mark keller)
Subject:      Re: Phone and Address of Spare parts wish list

>Some of you wrote to the effect. Where is this salvage yard that has >several late 88-91 Vanagons. Any chance you can give me their number. > >Thank you so much, > My good friends in va nee go nee land. I am willing to part with the name and number of my source just as soon as I get my van outta his junkyard in a couple of weeks.... However, He told me that he was fed up with internet types who were pushy and demanding. So I'm offering to look and will feel him out as to why he's so upset. He runs a VW repair shop primaily and I don't know the status of his junk yard operation. I bought a wreaked van complete from him. From the photo's he sent I saw several wreaked vans in the background, but it's mainly a repair shop.

Actually he told me why he was upset. The van I bought was listed as a joke by a friend of his on the net. He unhappliy had received well over 40 calls and counting. So until I talk to him I don't want to jepardize my deal by doin the same thing to him.

If any of you have run across this type of problem or have a suggestion of how to get him warmed up to servicing us, I'm all ears. If you have some hard to find item I'll look or do whatever, but if you've waited this long, a couple of weeks longer is bearable. I have to wait too.

> Sincerely

Mark Keller Owner but not a possesor yet 91' Carat