Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 May 1997 15:33:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Joachim Beek <beekj@tsdhp4.jsc.nasa.gov>
Subject:      Re: vanagon questions to the folks that know

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Tonya Pope wrote:

> Mike-- > > Regarding Consumer Reports, I don't believe that I've EVER read a > favorable review for ANY VW product. Their reports are definately

Well, let me jump in with my two cents' worth, since you mentioned Dodge. Back in the grand old days of badge engineering, several times CR had completely opposite reviews of virtually identical Chrysler cars, save for the badges. Same with GM cars. Other times, they complimented items/components (not talking about options here) that simply did not exist on that particular car. That did it for me.

"Why should you believe us? Because we don't take advertising..." - No, I don't believe you because the reviews are crap.

Joachim 90 GL and a 78 Scirocco in Houston, TX --- "Lose not thy airspeed! Lest the ground rise up and smite thee!"