Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 09 May 97 17:06:00 PDT
From:         Gregory M Daughtry <Gregory_M_Daughtry@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Subject:      Re: westie frig??

Jeff,

It should be noticably cooler in a half hour, or so, on propane. Do you see a pilot light in the little hole in the bottom inside left corner of the fridge on? Does the fridge led light up on the control panel? Have you tried plugging into 110 VAC to see if it works on household AC?

The battery will not cool very well if you turn it on when warm. The best performance from the battery is achieved by "pre-cooling" with 110 AC or by running on propane.

Best bring the beers over to my house for safe keeping 'till you get the fridge working! %-)

Hope this helps.

'Greg '87 Vanagon GL Camper 'Govinda' - fresh from the body shop

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: westie frig?? Author: vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu at SMTPGATE Date: 5/9/97 5:46 PM

Greetings,

How long should it take for the fridge to cool? Or even start cooling enough to be able to tell its working? I cant seem to get the damn thing working on my new westie with either the duel battery or propane... its friday afternoon, have to chill the brews!

peace,

jeff