Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 May 1997 09:00:15 -0400
From:         "Richard Alexander Palmer" <rapalmer@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject:      ANOTHER BUS BURNS !!!!!!!!

Alas, tragedy struck a friend of mine yesterday, when her bus burned completely up driving across town. She was able to save her dog, but lost most of her stuff with the bus. It was a new bus for her, so she hadn't had time to buy a fire extinguisher, or check the fuel lines. Well, there's plenty of time now, since the bus won't be moving from the junkyard any time soon. People, this is the THIRD friend of mine that has had a new bus burn up on them. I can't stress enough how important it is to buy a fire extinguisher. I have another friend that's had a Beetle and a Bus catch on fire, but since he had an extinguisher, there was only minimal damage, instead of a total loss. Even though you might not ever need it, you also have the option of helping out someone else, instead of just standing there. Of course, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so any time you buy a new bus, or have had yours for a while, CHECK ALL YOUR FUEL LINES AND CONNECTIONS. Especially if the bus has been sitting a while, you don't want a crusty, dried up piece of 20 year old rubber carrying your fuel supply. Anyway, I hope this will reach someone out there, and save not only your bus, but possibly your life. Please, please, fire safety is nothing to be slack about.

-- ____________________________ Poor Richard is rapalmer@unity.ncsu.edu `/""""/""""/|""|'|""||""| '\ http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/r/rapalmer/www/ /____/____/ |__| |__||__| | '68 VW Crew Cab | \ /V\ /====================| '67 VW Camper-Nellie, the Wild Goose |()\ \W/ /()| _ _ |"I spend half my life explaining to Christians | \ / | / \ / \ | _-( ) why I'm a Deadhead, and the other =C========C==_| ) |--------| ) |=] _-{_}_) half explaining to Deadheads why \_\_/__.. \_\_/_ \_\_/ \_\_/__.__. I'm a Christian."