Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 May 97 14:00:00 PDT
From:         Gregory M Daughtry <Gregory_M_Daughtry@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Subject:      Re: Stupid questions

Hi Stu,

There are no such things as stupid questions, only questions that have been answered 10 million times before and can be easily found in the archives: %-) http://halfdan.med.umn.edu:8853/misc/archives/vanagon.html

You should switch the fridge off when you turn the van off, otherwise you will drain your battery. It's okay for a few hours, but it doesn't take long to strand you, and it's way too easy to forget that you have it on. I know, I've ruined a battery by repeated discharging cause I keep forgetting the thing is on.

I have no problems running the propane while driving. In fact I prefer this method to running on 12V.

Just remember to shut off the pilot when stopping for gas.

Hope this helps!

'Greg '87 Vanagon GL Westfalia 'Govinda'

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: Stupid questions Author: vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu at SMTPGATE Date: 5/11/97 1:16 PM

Okay...here's some stupid questions...

Should I leave the refrigerator on off of the battery during the summe? Or should I shut it off when I turn the van off...(I have been shutting it off)

Can I use the propane for the refrigerator while driving?

--peace-- stu stu.schwartz@os2bbs.com '91 Westy (MZ Magic)

.. I will walk alone by the black muddy river....