Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 May 1997 19:42:44 -0700
From:         Ron Lussier <coyote@likeminds.com>
Subject:      Re: Fwd: FW: BOOKS FOR CHILDREN (fwd)

At 08:46 PM 5/12/97 -0500, WaywrdCyc@aol.com wrote: >Iknow this isn't vw related but....................... >How bout it ?

>>Houghton-Mifflin publishing company is giving books to children's >>hospitals; how many books they give depends on how many e-mails >>they receive from people around the world. For every 25 e-mails they >>receive, they will give one (1) book. All you have to do is e-mail: >> >> share@hmco.com >> >>and type a message saying "children's hospitals book drive program". >>Hope you can spare a few seconds ... let your friends know. So far >>they've only received 3,400 messages ... last year they got 23,000. I >>think it would be great if we could kick it up to 30,000 . Please >>forward >>this mail to ANYONE you know. Thanks for your help.

>From the http://www.hmco.com/ web site:

Thanks to you, the Internet community, we have reached our goal of 50,000 messages and Houghton Mifflin Interactive has donated 2,000 books to hospitalized children who can't be home for the holidays. In recognition of the amazing and voluminous show of support from people all over the world, HMI has sent an additional 500 books to these children. As of January 1, 1997, the campaign is officially over and we've closed the Share the Spirit inbox on this web site as well as the mailbox for share@hmco.com.

PLEASE, do research before posting this sort of stuff.

Coyote -- /\_/\ ____ Ron 'Coyote' Lussier ( ) \ _/__ LikeMinds (408) 865-0657 \ / \X / "Tools that Help People Decide" coyote@likeminds.com \_/ \/ http://www.likeminds.com/