Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 May 1997 17:56:58 -0400
From:         "Erik O" <koesel@uakron.edu>
Subject:      Parting out Syncro :-)

To all,

Here's the scoop... 87' Syncro Vanagon, 120k, no engine, slight front end damage (about 5mph collision to drivers corner), small crack in windshield. Everything else is there and appears in order and good shape. The center driveshaft looks in excellent shape and probably is not the orginal. Over all the van looks like it had been pretty well cared for. It hasn't been parked long and the engine was removed because it needed a desperate rebuild. Instead of reinstalling, the owner put the engine in something else???.

Here's my deilema, I am going to buy this creature and strip it down. It is actually a good resto candidate, but I just don't have that kind of money right now. Unfortunately, the owner wants a pretty penny for the van and I'm looking for someone who needs a hard to find part or two. Personally, I don't really need any of the parts, but I want to sell my syncro sometime soon and would like to have some good replacement parts to add along with the deal to sweeten things so-to-speak.

So If any of you non-syncro owners want to add a second gas tank, or any of you syncroites want to store some more parts in your attics, get back with me soon. I'm going to act on this thing soon and don't want to totally drain my bank account :-)

Erik O 87' Syncro Westy Camper