Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:32:44 -0500
From:         "R. Clay" <rob@Traveller.COM>
Subject:      FS: "73 westy automatic: Alabama

Hello All:

I have a friend who has a '73 westy automatic he wants to sell.

He bought it in Feb. and took it to a sorry-ass piece of SH*T mechanic named Dewayne Allan in Birmingham, AL. Who proceeded to rip him off and leave him $525 poorer. While Dewayne was doing his dirty business. My friend pulled the tranny and took it to be rebuilt at a transmission place. He also bought a new Weber progressive carb for it. Well, Dewayne supposedly had the heads rebuilt and reinstalled them. Whoever did the rebuild on the heads is a blithering idiot! When they were reinstalled #1&2 side was leaking air. Then got that fixed and the #3&4 side stud that holds the manifold tubes pulled out and is leaking air on that side.....

To make a long story short, he wants out. He wants to cut his losses and get whatever he can back out of this bus and find a manual bus. He has roughly ~$1600 invested and fully realizes that he will not be able to get what he has in it. make him an offer and you will have the bus. It is immobile so you will either have to tow it or get it running first.

As some of you know you I am in the middle of R&R my engine and a host of other things and can't deal with it now.

If you are interested or know someone is is contact me or him.

me: rob@traveller.com Shane: 205-918-0193 Birmingham, AL

thanks! Rob '77 westy (soon to be on the road!)

************************************** * Email: <rob@traveller.com> * Homepage: http://www.bhm.tis.net/~rob * DAT List: http://www.bhm.tis.net/~rob/datlist.html * Digital-Phish: http://www.bhm.tis.net/~rob/Digi-Phish.html ***************************************************************