Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Jun 1997 17:49:31 -0400
From:         David Katsuki <katsuki@bbn.com>
Subject:      Re: Propane leak

Cory,

The piece you describe is the pressure regulator, so sounds like you need to get it replaced or rebuilt, BUT - before you do, try taking a metal thing that's not too heavy - like the end of an adjustable wrench, and banging on one of the pipe connections at the end. May unstick something (you have nothing to lose with the regulator, but try not to damage the compression nut...).

Dave

At 02:10 PM 6/26/97 -0500, Cory Zumbrennen wrote: > >Hi all, > I ran into a problem during my recent trip to New Mexico. When I >try to use the propane to power the fridge propane leaks out of the grey >metal piece down by the propane tank. This is the piece after the main >valve that is concealed by the black plastic cover. The propane leaks out >of a round hole, mabye 1/16 of an inch in diameter. Bentley does not >discuss the propane tank other than removal/installation. So my questions >are, what is this grey metal piece where the leak is coming from for? >Have any of you had this problem? And what can I do to fix it? I am not >currently able to get at the archives so forgive me if this has been >covered in detail. TIA. > >Cory >'86 Westfalia >'91 GLI > > >