Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jun 1997 22:16:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:         David Raistrick <xi8940@freenet.tlh.fl.us>
Subject:      More bussi for me...(soon to be..:)

Well, today i've mostly decided that i WILL be getting this mid 60's Kombi that i know of....virtually no rust, been sitting 10+ years...

no engine though..:(

So it will sit, along with the rest of my projects... (unless i end up selling it, which is a good posibility...)

And....went and helped a friend with his fiberglass body buggy (got the engine running nice and smooth like....now he's got to finish the pan, and tomorrow we do the brakes, then next weekend we put the body on, and shim it up good.......then off to the paint shop..:)

Anyhow!

I was talking with his dad, about the ones that got away, and the ones that havent yet...(his dad currently has 4 things and a baja.....:)

And he told me about this coworker of his wifes 88 Vanagon that he could get for 300 bucks...(yep, 300 bucks!) The guy says it has a porshe motor in it, but i think he's nuts...:) (he's the original owner, and he's selling (and its been sitting) because he cant stop it from running hot..

Hell, says I, i'd pay 300 bucks for a straight rust free vanagon...(particularly an 88!!!:)

So OJ's dad proceedes to tell me where it sits (i'm gonna go look at it tomorrow, i hope...:), and we drift off to other things...like how bad he wants to get his things running again (well, the two white ones...one needs a head, the other needshead-retorquing, both need tune ups...)

And he mentions buyin the bus (er...vanagon..:) for me, in exchange for the work..hmm!!! SOLD!!:)

So....if this guy is nuts about it having a porshe engine, i'm gonna have a wasser on my hands......else i'll have "somthing":)

We'll see, i guess...

Ah....later....david

-- Keeper Of The Light: Pushing Back The Darkness at http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb/west/darkness.html

The Turning 40 Nostalgic VW Service Tour, and Search for the Beginning of Wind http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb/charlie/charlie.html

'75 Retired Westy-Canadian Model, Cody (storage shed) '69 Westy, Itchigo (daily driver) '69 Offroad Beetle, Lifted and Uncut! (project) '81 Rabbit Pickup, Diesel (awaiting frontend transplant)

xi8940@freenet.tlh.fl.us.......Located in Augusta, Ga