Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Jun 97 00:34:11 UT
From:         "Tom Brunson" <TABRUN@msn.com>
Subject:      RE: EV Mirror Questions

Ken,

The EV mirror mounts are rather complex. The mirror part mounts with tension springs to the bracket on the car, one spring through each of the two "arms" going to the bracket. I had a spring come unhooked on the top driver's side mirror (cracked die casting) - and had a time pulling the spring out to reconnect it. If the main body of the bracket itself is broken I wouldn't think a fix is really feasible. If it's just loose, maybe the spring unhooked.

The mirrors come off easily enough - pull the interior panels (easier than a Vanagon - 3 screws on the arm rest handle, one top front, one snap-on at the top rear, undo the lock button, then list up the whole panel) and unplug the wiring harness. Then 3 screws on the mirror and work out the foam block.

Haven't seen a manual yet - Bentley has a website and they still make no mention. Sure would like one tho.

Tom Brunson '87 Westy '91 Carat 93 EV MV etc

>Hello All,

>Someone or something bumped and broke the lower 1/2 of the bracket to my >passenger side mirror. Anybody been there, done that yet? It's always >nice to get some info before diving into a project cold. Also on that note >does anyone have info on a shop manual yet? Bentley or even Haynes? I'd >think that you could get a UK version at least since the vans have been out >for a number of years on the other side of the pond.

>Thanks

Ken

104303.704@compuserve.com