Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         6 Jun 1997 13:40:38 -0600
From:         "Carl Hansen" <Carl_Hansen@ATK.COM>
Subject:      Re: ?G2 on G60 Corrado?

Reply to: RE>>?G2 on G60 Corrado? before I forget,

Looked at it again over lunch. Geez this thing looks nice. ('91 Corrado, 54,000 miles - RED, very RED)

The battery problems (electric seat belt/trunk light) doesn't seem to be there, 2 days later and battery still up, with keys in it. The sunroof does not open back though.

I'm looking at the air pipe under the battery, and it seems to be plastic. So no corrosion. The intercooler under the fender, seems to be in good shape also, at least what I can see bending down on my left knee. (oops, there I go again, referencing Peter Egan)

I'm convinced that I'm listening to air intake noise, not g-ladder wheeze/whine. I only reved it to maybe 2500 as I listened under the hood, but it doesn't seem to be gone/going.

So I'm going to let it sit for a bit. The SO really does need 4 door, and couldn't care less about how it handles. When we got back from a test drive in "any Passat" for comparrison, she said: "I want a 4 door Corrodo, in that nice blue color of the Passat." (my appologies to any female listee's, but we all did get a good laugh)

Thanks to all for the ear full on Corrado's. I'm going to search for a few parts for the thing, tell the dealer $3500 (he won't take it - yet) and in the mean time see if I can find a GLI jetta or nice V6 Passat for lots less than it's worth. Of course that means convincing the SO that a Jetta/Passat really is a small car, and I'll have to move some stuff in the garage to make room for the extra foot of car, and..........(read this months R&T Miscelaneous Ramblings)

Maybe when the Dealer gets tired of it taking up space upstairs he'll let it go.

Ch '89 Syncro Beast '87 GTI 16V (project) '86 Scirocco