Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 06 Jun 1997 17:21:10 -0700
From:         Bob Marshburn <vwbob@jps.net>
Subject:      Re: Rebuilt blocks from "Fast German Auto"

>Thanks for the reply. If I may ask, what was the total bill and how >long did it take?

$2,583 including tax and $600 for the r and r and $320 for the new heads, and various new parts including new fuel lines, injector seals, intake boot sleeves, vacuum lines, belts, hoses, water pump, cap, rotor and plugs. It took 3 days.

>Did they rebuild your engine or put a rebuilt one in?

I did it on an exchange basis since I was from out of the area and in a rush. They will rebuilt your own if you wish.

Hope this helps. BTW, I've recommended them to several people who have also been satisfied.

>> They did a rebuild, as well as the r & r, on my 85 Westy >> Waterboxer 2 years ago. I was very happy with their work. They >> are very knowledgeable, take time to answer your questions, and are >> reasonably priced. In fact, I have an 80 Westy air-cooled I plan >> to have them do this summer. >Karl F. Bloss - blosskf@ttown.apci.com >'87 Vanagon GL "Beverley" >http://www.enter.net/~bloss/vw/ > >

Take care...Bob Marshburn '85 Westfalia '80 Westfalia