Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Jun 1997 17:07:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Gerald Skerbitz <gsker@lenti>
Subject:      Re: Instrument Cluster Question

On Sat, 7 Jun 1997, kenneth d lewis wrote: > I do NOT have a diesel. Color code standard red red black=22 ohms. > I looked in the bentley for the resistance of the coolant > (computer)sensor.

Shoot! I wanted the resitance of the coolant temperature sender -- for the dash. NOT the computer.

> For the temp gauge refer to page 90.21 of the bentley. > for the needle to be in position "I" the sender resistance equals about > 430 ohms. This is the cold region. For the needle to be in the "II" > position sender resistance equals 30 ohms. This is the hot region.

The temperature sender I have has 700 ohms cold and 150 ohms at about 200 degrees. This is why I desparately need to know what the resistance in the termperature sender for the diesel is!

> For the gas gauge an input resistance of 210 ohms equals empty. 35 ohms

Are you assuming that the Bentley numbers are ohms? They aren't. Where did you get those numbers? The Bentley that I have shows 55 full and 560 empty (90.5) for the gas gauge, but this is not resistance in ohms as the resistance in ohms is actually 50 ohms full and 150 empty from the level sender directly.