Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 08 Jun 1997 08:30:10 -0600
From:         Rob McGee <rmcgee@trib.com>
Subject:      Re: Hi Speed Vanagoning

At 12:20 AM 6/8/97 -0500, Joel Walker wrote: >>Why a low profile car bothers with drafting is beyond me. I wouldn't. > >i have a theory about this: i call them "followers". they can't seem to run >down the road on their own. they MUST have someone or something to follow. >they run up behind you and just sit there, following along. now, if they >caught up to me, that's because they were going faster than me, right? so >why don't they pass me and go on as they were before?? cause they are just >looking for someone/something to follow along behind ... so they don't have >to look waaaaay out in front: they can just keep looking at your bumper or >taillights at night. go figure. it kinda pisses me off, so i slow down. but >some of them can't take the hint. i've dropped 10 mph and some of them don't >even notice at all. so what were they in such a hurry to catch up to me for?? >

I agree with Joel's theory. I believe that some drivers measure their driving by how close they are to another vehicle, regardless of other traffic, speed limit, conditions, etc. Particularly irritating when they decide to do that 20 feet behind me at 65 MPH!!! rmcgee@trib.com