Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun,  8 Jun 97 13:01:39
From:         mdstockr <mdstockr@neo.lrun.com>
Subject:      RE: Tires: 185 or 205's?

Regular load 205/70R14 might be OK for your bus. Check to see how the load capacity of your tires compare to 185R14 load range C tires (you find the maximum load rating in lbs. stamped on the sidewall of your tires). You might find that they are comparable since a 205/70R14 is larger than a 185R14.

Given comparable tire designs ... * 205 tires will give you better dry handling and traction, a better ride and will have better tread wear. * 185 tires will typically provide better snow traction, will resist hydroplaning better, and give you slightly better gas mileage (probably not measurable).

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

"Michael Stocker" <mdstockr@neo.lrun.com> North Canton, Ohio, USA 6/8/97 1:01:40 PM EDT ______________________________________________