Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 02 Jun 1997 11:48:57 -0700 (MST)
From:         Melody.Varner@nau.edu (Melody Varner)
Subject:      Re: Mercedes Pop-Ups

As I have been locating the resources that would allow for more accessory choices for Vanagons/Eurovans, I have actually spoken to a gentleman in Dusseldorf Germany who works for REIMO. It sounds as if Mercedes pop-up interiors are done through REIMO as wll as other things. Ralph Geosema REIMO Fax 49-6103-42064. We had a discussion around the way VW dealers used to put together those Germany package deals whereby one could pick and choose the interiors and have a company in Germany do the interior conversion and you would fly over and some one would pick yopu up. You would then go on at least a twoo hundred mile vacation within Germany so that you would be exporting a used vehicle. The price seemed to be woth it. VW of America(I guess) doesn't do this now that Winnebeo-BOOOO- does the interiors. SO even if the cocl pop-up Transporters and their even cooler choices for interiors don't come to USA, maybe someone out there might set up a tourpackage similar to the one that used to be offered alon time ago. Westfalia seems to be only one of several companies in Germany that do the interior conversion. ( But then again, I am only beginning to scratch the surface on these topics.)