Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:22:27 -0400
From:         David Katsuki <katsuki@bbn.com>
Subject:      Westy - How to keep the front table leg and top from getting lost...

Table leg: For late model Westys (not sure about earlier ones), the front table leg with the table off is a great paper towel rack.

Table top: I put two tie-down clips (from a marine supply place) on the rear of the passenger side seat box and the table top rides vertically behind the passenger seat held in place by a bungy cord. It's probably better not to drill into the battery when you are installing the clips...

Incidently, I've put clips to attach bungy cords in other places on both of our vans, including the driver/passenger seat boxes (bungies keep that thermos from rolling out of reach or under the brake petal), the front board below the rear seat (Weekender or Westy) (keeps bags of groceries or the 1 gallon juice container from spilling all over), and at either side of the rear hatch opening (a bungy across the opening after loading keeps the sleeping bags from falling out in the mud when you open the hatch...)

The clips I user are just U-clips that take a screw at each end. You can get them at a marine supply place.

Dave