Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Jun 1997 18:16:20 +0100
From:         "Lionel Tun" <ark@saqnet.co.uk>
Subject:      Re: Need for Speed 2 Vanagon

Thanks for the tip. I was going to get NFS2 anyway because I saw a Westy amongst the 'traffic'. Actually being able to drive it is fantastic.

So I finally got Need For Speed 2 as a joint birthday present between my son and me. It is really really good. Of course I tried the secret Vanagon option straightaway. I also tried 'beetle', which did not work, then I remembered that in the US they call it a bug. Sure enough typing in 'bug' gave me a Beetle.

I would rate this as the best driving game I have ever come across. You can even choose the colour of your VW. I chose a blue to match my 1984 GL and I was shocked to see that it was authentic down to the chrome trims in the window rubbers, chrome bumper with two rubber strips and also rusting faded paint around the window areas! The Vanagon was slow but the Beetle was even slower. I had no trouble not crashing it unlike the supercars. The engine sounds were really authentic too.

As an added bonus you can choose one of about 8 supercars costing hundreds of thousands!

Lionel Tun ark@saqnet.co.uk 1984 Caravelle GL blue with sunroof 198? Westy NFS2 blue with white poptop

---------- > From: Dave <dfilcoff@stlnet.com> > To: Multiple recipients of list <vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu> > Subject: Need for Speed 2 Vanagon > Date: 24 May 1997 03:46 > > If anyone has need for speed 2 you can drive the Vanagon Westy! All you = > do is go to the main setup screen and type "vanagon" then hit race. It = > is REALLY slow, and the shift points are accurate, except that it has a = > 5 speed instead of a 4 speed, 1st gear shifts at 22mph just like mine! = > It does cool burn outs too. There are other cars that you can drive = > also. To get all of the codes go to this page: > > http://info1.info.tampere.fi/~ykaolsal/nfs2/cheats.htm#civilcars > > > Dave > 87 GL Wolfsburg (120k) > dfilcoff@stlnet.com > =20