Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Jun 1997 18:29:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Bob Hufford <bhufford@mail.orion.org>
Subject:      Re: Rt 66 Springield, MO, weekend (long)

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Josh wrote:

> This is what I know. There is a show on Saturday and a Campout at > a KOA campgrounds on Friday night near a golf course and all this is in > Springfield, MO. That is it. I am clueless. Someone help me out here. I > need some specifics.

I'll go ahead and post this (some folks will need it before Friday).

How to find the June Bug Jamboree in Springfield, Missouri:

>From Kansas City - Take Highway 13 south to Springfield (it will become Kansas Expressway when you hit town). Turn east on Chestnut Expressway. Go south on Boonville until it dead ends at the show on Park Central Square.

>From Tulsa - Take I-44 to Springfield and take the Kansas Expressway Exit south. Go south to Chestnut Expressway and head east to Boonville. Turn south on Boonville. It dead ends at the show.

>From St.Louis - Take I-44 to Springfield and take the Glenstone Street Exit (80-A). Go south to Chestnut Expressway and turn right (west). Go south on Boonville until it dead ends at the show.

>From Branson - Take Highway 65 to Springfield and take the Chestnut Expressway Exit. Go west to Boonville and take a left until it dead ends at the show.

The landmark to look for when turning on Boonville will be the old City Hall, it looks like a castle. Skyline wise, look for the maroon and white (Seventies style) 10-story building and head towards that).

Busses on '66' is located just off of Exit 70 on I-44. Just follow the KOA signs. Phone 1-800-383-5915 for reservations (if you want trees and hookups). They are going fast as Hot Rod Nationals is in town the same weekend. We will be there Friday and Saturday (pancake breakfast on Sunday morning).

See you there!

Bob Hufford Transporter Search & Rescue bhufford@mail.orion.org