Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Jun 97 00:04:11 UT
From:         "Dennis Haynes" <dhaynes57@msn.com>
Subject:      RE: short in headlight wiring ... somewhere

The ground wire for the headlights has lost it's connection. Probably burned at the connection by the fuse box. Check the two round ground connectors. Both Headlights are grounded at the same terminal. It is the one that is obviously overheated.

Dennis

-----Original Message----- >From: vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu On Behalf Of Tom Ervolina Sent: Friday, June 13, 1997 2:39 PM To: Multiple recipients of list Subject: short in headlight wiring ... somewhere

When I turn on headlights, the blue highbeams indicator is on permanently but no headlights. This was a rare intermittent thing that is now consistent. A couple of times it seems to ahve un-done itself when I jiggled and repeatedly switched the high beams switch on the steering column, so I suspect the problem is there. Also, once, the high beam switch would cause the wipers to go on.

Any tips on what to do. Thanks.

'87 Vanagon GL

Tom Ervolina Enterprise Planning and Execution Systems IBM Research ervolina@us.ibm.com (914) 892-3978, T/l 532-3978