Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Jun 97 16:16:06 UT
From:         "Dennis Haynes" <dhaynes57@msn.com>
Subject:      RE: Vanagon transmissions

To Clarify the VW exchange policy, the core does not have to be rebuildable as long as the failure was mechanical in nature. I other words, if the case was destroyed from a fire or accident, it is not acceptable. If a gear went through the side, it is acceptable. As for your profit, If a unit is defective, will you make good or is the customers bargain now a bad deal. Make sure there is a good understanding. I learned over the years that new parts mean they are new, not always good. These are some issues that drive up the prices for parts suppliers and installers. Dennis

-----Original Message----- >From: vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu On Behalf Of IndianVic@aol.com Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 1997 11:08 PM To: Multiple recipients of list Subject: Vanagon transmissions

Fellow listees,

A few days ago I informed all you esteemed folks about my purchase of a consignment of brand new OEM Vanagon transmissions as part of a package deal involving some other stuff I had ordered from overseas. At that time I had mentioned that I was in the process of inventorying everything, and would have prices for you all shortly. Well, here they are: The 094 series 5-speeds are $2200 ea. (available with either the 5cyl. or inline 4cyl. bell-housings).- installation into a waterboxer Vanagon involves a simple switchover of bell-housings. I have one installed in my 90-1/2 Westfalia, and it works great! The 090 series automatics are $1995 ea. They are complete with torque converters. I only had ten of the 091/1 series 4-speeds and unfortunately, they're all gone at $1995 ea. however, judging from the response I had, I'm going to look into finding some more. Now, I'm not making a killing on these. I am making a very nominal 10% on this stuff. Just to give you folks a price comparison, a "rebuilt" 4-speed at the VW dealer is upwards of $2200. And that is with a rebuildable core in exchange. These, on the other hand, are brand new, no exchange required. Shipping is additional. I am also looking into getting some Syncro drivetrain stuff, as, judging from the threads I've been reading, there's a lot of tired Syncros out there needing stuff. I'll keep you all posted. If any of you folks are interested in these trannies, either e-mail me, or call (714)771-3763 (work)9-5PST, or (714)283-2966.

Sincerely,

Vic Ahmed