Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Jun 1997 17:50:54 -0700
From:         Jlopez69@aol.com (by way of Ron Lussier <Jlopez69@aol.com>)
Subject:      Should i sell?

I have a, up "til last summer, reliable vanagon 1981. I have been experiencing a problem, since the re-build, that is not going away. The engine is running hot. Hotter than usual, anyway. The main fan does not seem to be drawing in enough air to cool it sufficiently. There is nothing in the fan itself. when this was discovered, I thought it may be improperly timed. My mechanic says it is. But... He adjusted it advancing the timing until the van reached some inkling of performance. Now heat may be destroying my van. I still cannot beleive that my van cannot go above 60 mph. I need to go that speed because of the idiots who drive in this state. I will and have been driven off the road by the most inconsiderate drivers in all the world, Arizona! Should I return to my mechanic and have the timing set to original specs so my van barely crawls? I need help desperately. Thanks, and i'll try and stay off the highway. I won't give up on my van.