Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Jun 1997 02:43:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Oxroad@aol.com
Subject:      Apology to all

Dear members--

I owe you all an apology. I accidentally forwarded a solicitous e-mail to the list instead of my on-line service's Spam police. I swear this was a complete accident and not an attempt at a joke or a would-be clever idea to push peoples' buttons. (The e-mail was slugged FWD:Hi)

Members of the Vanagon List have been extremely helpful and generous to me in solving some problems with my newly purchased 83 Westfalia-- And also in forwarding tips, information, moral support, and suggestions to solve or better understand the workings and quirks of my vehicle. I feel very fortunate to be able to communicate with so many helpful, knowledgeable, and generous people.

I promise I have no ties to the company and no interest in the company whose Spam I mistakenly sent to the list. My on-line service (AOL) has an address they recommend sending all Spam to in an effort to end this unwanted and unsolicited mail. For some reason I don't understand I get tons of Spam from all sorts of companies. I continue to forward it all to the address AOL has recommended to block such e-mail. In my on-line address book the anti-Spam address and the Vanagon List's address were next to eachother-- just one click away. I have just eliminated this recipe for disaster.

I received several angry messages from members about the e-mail. Before I realized they were sent to me personally I thought, "This jerk is getting the ear-full he deserves." Then my heart sank as I realized I was the this jerk. I understand your anger. And I understand that the type of e-mail I forwarded is very offensive to some.

I honestly feel terribly guilty and embarassed for subjecting you all to this e-mail and for upsetting many of you. I feel very fortunate to be a member of the list and I beg you to accept my sincerest apology.

Jeff