Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:04:48 -0500
From:         "Thomas D. Hanlon" <hanran.inc@internetmci.com>
Subject:      Vanagon List Fund-Raising

-- [ From: * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

"Listees: > >The Ron and Chris Vanagon List fund-raising activity, the program to >raise money for the cost of operation of the Vanagon List, seems to have >Friend Lussier passing the hat, frequently, in a supplicative manner. > > His and Chris's time, and begging talents, might be spent better in >soliciting equipment, software and the other components necessary to keep >alive, to me, this vital activity. > >They have demonstrated, already, that they are gifted in technical >expertise and in acquiring and purchasing the arcane supplies and equipment needed >to keep the lights burning on the Vanagon List. > >This Vanagon List is a cooperative activity in the strictest sense, one of >the more generous I've observed. We all provide, and receive, from the List >mutual aid and comfort in the form of information, opinion, and individual >support and diagnosis in "down" times. It is time for those of us who have >yet to respond to the call to listen up and to open up the purse and to make the payment . About one person in five on the List has heard the call for , and sent the funds necessary. > >A Vanagon historically fails, as most of know, to provide a free ride. So I suggest that we >add the minimal member's cost of operation of the Vanagon List to our ever- - >expanding itemizations of bucks, francs, marks, yen, kroner, pounds and >wampum for parts, labor, books, travel and, in some cases, if I read the >posts correctly, beer, necessary to keep our special vehicles on the road. > >We've all yet to find a free lunch, or a free ride, especially in a >Vanagon. > >Write and mail that US$ 3.00 check today. (Or go to the post office and buy the Universal >Money Order.) And send it to Lussier at : > >10164 Parkwood Drive #8 Cupertino, CA 95014-1533 > >With curmudgeonly thanks, > >Tom Hanlon >Palm Springs, CA > > >