Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jun 97 13:30:36 UT
From:         "Thomas Niksch" <cct_tom_niksch@msn.com>
Subject:      AW: Volkswagen Camper availability

Dear listees, if you wnat to reply to this message plese mail directly to: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ rvalek@ite.net ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---------- Robert Valek wrote on monday16. Juni 1997 11:23

Betreff: Volkswagen

Hello,

I am e-mailing you from Guam U.S.A. We are on our way to Germany, Messstetten, 1 hour south of Stuttgart. My parents have a VW Westfalia which they purchased in California. They currently live there and we are trying to get one like theirs. The U.S. VW dealer has told them they are no longer available in the U.S.

1. Is this true? === As far as our US friends say - yes ! A winnebago conversion seems to be available instead of the Westies. === 2. Can I get one in Germany? === Sure you can in all Versions up to a 6cyl 145 hp engine. There is good info about the VW Westies at the syncro Westfalia page and the westfalia owners page or vanagon.com === If so where? === A new one at every corner. You should check out the Inporting a vehicle to the US Info at the SW Homepage Used ones at every second corner. The VW Vestfalias are the best selling compact Camper conversions in Europe. If you want a quite new one refer directly to VW asking for returned "Dienstwagen" (=company car) or "Jahreswagen" (vehicles sold to VW emloyees at a discount of about 20%) === It has a bed on top it's a 1993. It's beautiful. === The latest models are even nicer and more powerful. === Please help us or guide us to a another source or even better yet forward our request to someone who might know.

Thanks. RVALEK@ite.net

Check out the following links:

http://homes.rhein-zeitung.de/~dstiegel/e/index.htm

http://www.pipeline.com/~tforhan/swhome.htm