Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Jun 1997 20:18:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:         JCSYNCRO@aol.com
Subject:      Re: burning plastic-enough!

In a message dated 97-06-21 14:07:41 EDT, lbart@preferred.com (Sean Bartnik) writes:

<< I've never seen fighting like this on the list. I can understand Martha not wanting to be on the losing end of the battle, but in this case, stubbornness isn't going to get you anywhere and could very well give you a life-threatening illness. It's really not worth it.

And I apologize if this sounds like "gang up on Martha day." I am sure Martha is a fine individual (anyone who drives an air-cooled Vanagon must be :-) ) and an asset to the list. I just happen to disagree with her on this issue (and it seems like most other CCC members do too). There's no reason to break up the CCC over this issue. If you want to have an intelligent debate, fine, but quit this third-grade BS that's going on. It's really embarassing.

I'm sorry if I'm out of line posting this message, but this is how I feel about the issue as I see it on the list.

Sean >>

RIGHT ON Sean!!!

We've heard the emotional, irrational, sensible and scientific sides to this issue. I even learned WHY not to burn plastic in an open fire (below 5,000 degrees) . Thanks Glen, I learned something. I always like to know why or why not to do anything.... That's why I joined this list!

I'm going to do my best to remember not to burn it, and I'm going to do my best to stay away from burning plastic..... And, I'm going to do my best to not read any more "burning plastic" threads. But thanks for the good read to all sides.

Finally, to change the subject: I got my Syncro rebuilt and installed for $2,000 with a three year wartantee near Seattle, WA...... Anybody need the details?

Curt Long (working in Colorado Springs away from home)

87 GL Syncro Westfalia (not to mention all the other toys)