Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:48:29 -0400
From:         JCSYNCRO@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Subaru 2 Vanagon (SubVersives)

Thanks Jeff,

Could I have a copy of the SubVersives List? Last time I saw it, I think you missed me.

I also have a '71 Camper with a 2017cc "VW" engine that runs circles around my Vanagon, but I'm tired of modifying the underpowered VW engine.....

I love VW Busses and especially my 87 Syncro Westy, but many times, I'm a traffic hazard trying to keep up with the flow. And, if I'm not mistaken, one main reason this list exists is because of the high cost of dealing with VW of America and the difficulty people are having getting straight answers to the mysterious fuel injection we all love (to hate).

If I make the swap, it will be because I LOVE the Vanagon Syncro and would like to keep it running and compatible with existing traffic.

If it were not for the compound low on my Syncro, there are many times I would have had to back down for another try or to give up the climb entirely. Sometimes it's almost embarrasing "excelerating" from a stop light with the pedal to the floor but still looking like you are out for a Sunday Drive and could care less about cooperating with the rest of te traffic. I paid my dues with 20 years of driving my split window '67, now I've paid my dues again by building air-cooled VW engines that could keep up with traffic and not destruct, but they are EXPENSIVE and I blew up a few learning how to do it.

At 50 yrs old, I'm ready to enjoy my Syncro with whatever engine it takes to keep it healthy and alive.

But, I would still like that list to share info with other SubVersives. And, no hard feelings toward you for keeping tabs on us..

Thanks, Curt Long (Wishing I had more power at 10,000 feet in Colorado)