Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:16:25 -0700
From:         David Bayer <bayer@SYBASE.COM>
Subject:      Power curves and torque curves for 2.1L

Does anyone know where I might find torque and power plots for the 2.1L engine? And then the same for a 1.8 inline four (out of a Golf, Jetta etc etc)? I found I regularly cruise at the same rpm ranges with the auto tranny in my recently acquired older Golf and since the golf would be a striaght- forward switch (provided I find the parts from a diesel), I think such a switch would be a better option to my syncro as I wouldn't lose ground clearance and could use the snorkel as the air intake routing would not be much different)... Plus, the wiring harness and injectors are the same for the two cars, I believe, just need to change the ECU and maybe the airbox...

I know some of the parts can be imported, but I don't know about the oil pan or the dip stick (I believe this is different). I will have to look over the Bentley for a few hundred more hours, but I wanted to check the torque and power curves to figure out if such a switch is really a decent idea...

dave

P.S. anyone know if lower ratio granny, and reverse gears or difficult to come by? I want to put 215/75R15s and want to be able to go 5 mph in the granny gear. I don't really know where to start looking for anything like this...