Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jul 1997 05:20:12 EDT
From:         Jim Thompson <uvx196@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon books

Ivan -

I don't have the Pocket Mechanic for the Vanagon listed in my book supplier's inventory list but I will call them anyway tomorrow (Tuesday) morning as I have to refill stocks because of selling them over the past few shows I've attended as a vendor. I'll see if they have it available or if it will be available soon.

What I do have is Brookland's "VW Volkswagen Transporter Workshop Manual 82-On". Description says it "Covers all VW Vehicles in Station Wagon, Transporter and Bus Range (Type 2 Vehicles) with water-cooled carburetors or fuel injection engines". I have not seen the inside of the book and is only about a 1/2" thick. People who have bought them from me have said they like it because of it's leanings towards models imported into the UK. Price is $29.95 plus $4 shipping (Order ZAB-VW82WH).

The VW Bus Custom Handbook is another book that I consistently sell out and will be re-ordering tomorrow morning as well as I am out of it right now. Should have more at the end of the week. Price is $15.95 plus $4 shipping (Order ZAB-119942). This book however treats the Vanagon as an afterthought in my opinion. It deals heavily with Splitties and Bay Windows?Breadloafs.

Jim 84 Westy 2.1 62 Beetle (Father was original owner) 90 Fox Wagon Sherwood Automotive * The Old Volks Home (oldvolkshome1@juno.com) (916) 221-5342

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:57:11 -0700 Ivan Boyd <boyd@UNM.EDU> writes: >Without much luck, I've been looking for a supplier for two vanagon >books >that I've heard about. They are: > >"The Pocket Mechanic, Volkswagen Transporter 1.9 and 2.1 Liter Water >Cooled From 1985" by Peter Russek Publications, Ltd out of England > >and > >VW Bus Custom Handbook by Laurence Meredith, from The Red House, ISBN >1-870979-47-8 by Richard Kurtz > >If anyone out there knows how I can find these books, please let me >know. > >Thanks, >Ivan >