Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jul 1997 20:31:23 -0600
From:         Tony Mysyk <mysykt@CADVISION.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1988 vanagon

To Tom Via Ron:

My 86 westi ran for 6 months before I took it into a service site and when they went to do a tune up they told me I didn't have one(o2 sensor) PO(SPO) had exhaust changed and new pipes didn't have a spot for the sensor, must have been one of those "hey Marty, whets this thing for..... dunno jimmy, couldn find a place for it, must not need it".

The condition on the van got worse as the time went on for gas mileage dropping down to 250km per tank of gas(1.6km/mile) after adding a sensor, and having the o2 level set by a shop that could measure it now we get 550-600km per tank of gas!

So the big question is "why not have an o2 sensor"

As so many people have said before "always suspect the o2 sensor"

The short after the long of it is by not having the new sensor, I paid 2x for it in the gas I had to waste to keep running.

Tony Mysyk 86 westi ---------- > From: Tom Overley (by way of Ron Lussier <coyote@likeminds.com>) <toverley@WAGONERSTEINBERG.COM> > To: Vanagon@GERRY.SDSC.EDU > Subject: 1988 vanagon > Date: Monday, July 21, 1997 2:00 PM > > How long will my vanagon run with the O2 sensor disconnected?